2021 SEASON INFORMATION
Great Lakes expects to start its 2021 flying season Saturday May 1. Glider rigging and setup will take place each weekend this April.
Student training will take place on weekends and public holidays, and Introductory Guest Flights are being scheduled for Fridays, weather permitting.
We are currently accepting new members and students. Please contact us if you are interested in learning to soar!
Great Lakes operates in compliance with all public health COVID directives including the use of masks and effective physical distancing.
COVID restrictions limit the number of Introductory Guest Flights that we are able to provide. Please contact us to reserve your flying experience.
To protect our members and host community all visits to the club require prior arrangement. We are not able to accommodate drop-ins as in previous years.
Guest flight vouchers are available for an unforgettable and exhilarating introductory/instructional glider flight.
Great Lakes Gliding Club (GLGC) is the youngest gliding club in Ontario, founded in 1998, and going strong. We pride ourselves on being the club that cares and shares. Whether you are just looking for an introductory flight in a glider to add some excitement to your life, or to take training lessons for a glider pilot license, let us be your wingman.
Great Lakes Gliding Club Offers
- Guest flights.
- Introductory instructional flights.
- Flying lessons in gliders.
- Cross-country gliding flight training and mentorship.
- Membership in a small and friendly gliding club.
- Glider rental.
- Tows by our 260 HP Piper Pawnee.
- Planned and impromptu social events throughout the year.
- Camaraderie and great memories.
- Easy access, as GLGC is the gliding club closest to Toronto, Richmond Hill, Barrie and Newmarket.